C.M.A Class Information
A Certified Medication Aide or C.M.A is able to provide routine medications by oral, inhalation, topical and instillation routes with acceptable direction and monitoring. Medication Aides are able to work in a variety of health care settings such as Nursing Homes, Assisted Livings, Hospitals, ambulatory clinics, doctor’s offices, home care, intermediate care facilities or child care.
Who should consider a C.M.A Class
- Anyone that provides or sets up medications for someone else (family member, neighbor, etc.)
- Students who want to pursue a degree in med school, pharmacy, nursing and others.
- If you want to work as a Medication aide in a health care setting.
- If you are a C.N.A or plan to become a C.N.A
- At least 18 years of age.
- Be able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Be aware of the eligibility requirements for placement on the State Medication Aide Registry.
Hours and Curriculum
- $250 tuition for payment in full at registration.
- Payment Plan’s available
- $40 textbook
Once you have successfully completed the course you will be eligible to take the medication aide written exam with a state-approved testing provider. CNA Academy often has the written exam proctored on site or can assist students in scheduling it.
Request a Call Back
Would you like a call back from a C.N.A Academy?